DB8 - Vertical/Tangent RSS Tool
- Proprietary closed loop steering, non-rotating main housing, 4-pad push-the-bit system, clean hydraulics, gamma, shock and vibe, and pressure downlinking.
- Simultaneously controls inclination and azimuth to tight tolerances
- Near-bit inclination and azimuth at 3 feet
- Gamma and S&V located at 11 feet from the bit
- 0-8° DLS capability RSS tool with a MWD integrated into the tool’s assembly.
- 400+ runs used to develop the tool, perfect the RSS technology, drive up reliability and build the foundation for the design of the new 0-15° DB15 RSS.
- Runs in Alabama, California, Canada, Colorado, Louisiana, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah, Wyoming, Australia, China and New Zealand.